The current version (1.0.4b01) is tested on OpenSuse 11.4 (OpenJDK 1.6.0_20, java3d 1.5.2) and Mac OS X 10.5.8 (SUN JDK 1.6.0_24-b07, java3d 1.5.2)).
Default Mac OS X 10.5 comes with java 5 and java3d 1.5.0. For
some info about how to install java 6 and java3D 1.5.1 on MacBook
and run VRforCAD on it see here.
To run VRforCAD-installer-1.0.3.jar on Mac OS X you need
to install first java 6 (how to install java6 on Mac OS X is
explained above) and if you made a link use: java6 -jar
VRforCAD-installer-1.0.3 or use the full path: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Commands/java
The download is available here: VRforCAD
version 1.0.4b01 (2011-06-06)
For pre-release builds of VRforCAD access it on SVN (details here)
- add support for Mac Os.
- solve some bugs in the cod.
version 1.0.3b (on SVN)
- installer - solve the path problem on Linux OS.
version 1.0.2b (on SVN)
- solve features on File menu.
- add cad file samples;
- add VRforCAD-server - option to create the tables (with
GUI or without GUI interaction) - to save the cad models on a
databases server (on another computer) for VRforCAD application;
- optimize the time to import CAD models
- added support to import STL BINARY file.
- tested succesfully > import a stl binary file with
1.048.788 vertices (a skull from computer thomograph).